I got this from a vegetarian cookbook and found it to be a nice light luncheon dish. I didn't have sesame seeds, so I substituted cheddar cheese for a topping.
2Tbs olive oil
1 Tsp sesame oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced and seeded
2 celery ribs, chopped
14 oz can small white beans (cannellini or northern(navy))drained
8 eggs
3 Tbs sesame seeds
salt and pepper to tatse
Heat the olive and sesame oil in a 12" cast iron or heat proof skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery. Cook until softened, without coloring.
Add the beans and cook until heated through.
In a medium bowl beat eggs ans season with salt and pepper. Pour over ingredients in the pan.
Stie in egg mixture until it begins to stiffen. Then allow to firm over low heat until firm for 6-8 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and brown under the broiler.
Cut into 8 wedges and serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment